iCount2020.info Security Statement
Thank you for visiting iCount2020.info and reviewing our security statement. The purpose of this statement is to let you know how iCount2020.info will protect information you may choose to provide.
iCount2020.info has taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information it maintains, including but not limited to auditing, authentication, encryption, and monitoring. These measures are designed and intended to prevent data corruption, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of personally identifying information in our possession.
iCount2020.info recognizes that there is no such thing as “perfect security,” so this information should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting the security of information provided via the iCount2020.info Website as fail proof.
iCount2020.info Privacy Statement
Information We Collect
When you visit our site, we do not collect your personal information, like your name or address, unless you choose to provide it to us. We do collect some technical information that’s used to improve your visit to our site, to help us make the site more useful for you, and to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use.
When you browse, read pages, or download information on iCount2020.info, we automatically collect and store:
- The IP address from which you access our site (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you connect to the Internet)
- The type of browser used to access our site (such as Chrome or Internet Explorer)
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit, and
- If you linked to iCount2020.info from another website, the address of that website
Information You May Provide
You may choose to provide us with personal information, such as by filling out a form, signing up for an e-mail newsletter, or participating in the text campaign. We use the information you provide for its stated purpose, such as to respond to your questions and deliver information you have requested.
Browser-based “cookies” are simple text files stored on your computer by your Web browser. There are basically two types of these cookies, persistent and non-persistent.
Persistent cookies stay on your computer even after you navigate away from iCount2020.info. With your permission, we may use persistent cookies to increase the ease-of-use of our site.
Non-persistent cookies are automatically destroyed when you close your Web browser. We use non-persistent cookies in applications that keep track of your online session and make it possible for you to complete a form or use a function.
Third Party Cookies
Some features on our website rely on data from third party websites such as Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites over which iCount2020.info has no control. Third parties may use these cookies to collect and use information about an end user’s visits in connection with the delivery of advertisements. You can change permissions of your website browser to block cookies, however, some website features may not work as intended. Please review the relevant third-party websites for more information about how these cookies are controlled.
As a governmental agency, we are governed by public records laws. Any information that we receive through the use of our site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.
If you send us e-mail, we may redirect your message to another governmental agency or person who is in a better position to answer your question or handle your message. We only share the information you provide with another agency if your inquiry relates to that agency or as otherwise required by law. Your e-mail and information contained within it could also be released to a media outlet through a formal public records request. This may include your name and e-mail address. Therefore, before you submit e-mail to iCount2020.info, you should understand it is not private or confidential.
Otherwise, we do not share personally identifying information with any third party without your permission. We disclose only in aggregate form our statistical analyses or demographics of users to third parties. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifying information and is not released to any outside parties unless we are legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
External Link Disclaimer
Links to External Sites open in a new window and leave the iCount2020.info website.
iCount2020.info is not responsible for and has no control over the policies or content of any third-party sites. Any concerns or comments related to the contents of the sites accessed through external links should be directed to the author of that website. Use of any information obtained from such external links is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness.
Neither iCount2020.info, nor any agency, officer, employee, or contractor of the iCount2020.info warrants the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published by external sites, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked from external sites, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be inaccurate or outdated. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from external sites does so at his or her own risk.
The information contained in Geographic Information System (GIS) maps and other maps is derived from digital databases maintained by various third-party agencies, including County departments, Municipal governments, and State and Federal agencies, as well as private map companies. No guarantee is given as to the accuracy or currency of any of the data. iCount2020.info cannot accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions, or positional accuracy, and, therefore, makes no warranties with respect to mapping products and features. All maps are provided as-is. iCount2020.info is not liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from use or misuse of this data, arising out of or in connection with the use of map information.
Open Data Portal
The data contained in the links on the Open Data portal were compiled by third parties (not iCount2020.info). iCount2020.info does not control and cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data. iCount2020.info does not provide, and specifically disclaims, any warranty (express or implied) as to the accuracy, reliability, or fitness for any purpose of this data. By accessing this data you agree that your use of this data is at your own risk, and you agree to hold iCount2020.info harmless from and against any damages arising out of your use of this data.
- When you opt-in to the SMS Messaging Program for iCount2020.info, iCount2020.info will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to 85256. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, iCount2020.info will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from iCount2020.info. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and iCount2020.info will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- iCount2020.info is able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
- Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile.
- Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from iCount2020.info and to iCount2020.info from you. You will receive one message a month, upon sign up. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an e-mail to iCount2020.info Information Security & Privacy Office.
For More Information